This page is a dedicated to reviewing the current versions of CastleMiner Z.
CastleMiner Z (Xbox)
|Date of Addition
| v1.5.4 || April 4, 2013 ||
- Fixed auto-climbing problems
| v1.5.3 || March 27, 2013 ||
- Able to climb blocks like "stairs" now.
- Removed the much-hated inventory erasing once disconnected from a game
- Fixed levitating glitch
| v1.5.2 || February 13, 2013 ||
| v1.5.1 || November 17, 2012 ||
- Fixed issues relating to low frame rates.
| v1.5 || November 8, 2012 ||
- Added Metor crash biome, they start appearing randomly after about distance 300.
- Added new blocks Space Rock and Space Goo, used to make Sci-Fi tools and weapons
- Added new “Alien” Enemy which will defend Space Goo.
- Added new Laser weapons, laser weapons remove some blocks when shot.
- Added explosives TNT,C4 can be set off by hitting or pressing B, also shooting.
- Added grenades, grenades can be ”cooked” by holding right trigger.
- Added RPG Launcher.
- Added Dragon killing AA rocket which locks on dragons.
- Added “Explosive Powder” needed to make explosive items, dropped by dragons.
- Dragons are now MUCH harder to kill
- Demons are much harder to kill and will now start to spawn above ground, if you have been to hell.
- Completely reworked Sound Engine, sounds are now more realistic outdoors and in caves.
- Changed Spark Effect
- Reduced Memory Load to prevent Out of Memory errors and allow for new content.
| v1.4.5 || August 2, 2012 ||
- Max players has been increased from 4 to 8.
- Framerate has been nearly doubled.
- Load times have been cut in half.
- Added some detailed descriptions to the menus.
- Added a code for Avatar Laser Wars 2, CMZ users will get a full weapon unlock in Avatar Laser Wars 2.
- Fixed the "Out Of Memory" bug (supposedly).
- Fixed the problem with invisible Avatars.
- "Bind Pose" bug has been fixed.
| v1.44 || Needs reference ||
- Weapon zoom increased slightly (except for pistol and shotgun).
- Erase and Optimize Storage feature added.
- CastleMiner Z price reduced from 240 MS points to 80 MS points.
| v1.4.1 || Needs reference ||
- Promo codes reset (replaced with new ones).
- Fixed Join Session errors for Creative game modes.
| v1.4 || Needs reference ||
- Teleporter and Locator
- Smoother transition between items in inventory.
- Music added for each biome.
- Creative Mode (requires promo code from original CastleMiner).
- Assault Rifle promo code replaced with Creative Mode promo code (users who already used their assault rifle promo code will still have it).
- Join Session errors for Creative game mode.
| v1.3 || January 5, 2012 ||
- The game is prone to corrupting save files. Corrupted save files will likely cause the world to either not load properly or to load and update extremely slowly.
| v1.2.1 || December 20, 2011 || Additions
- Shotgun now has a more condensed spread.
- Balanced knives.
- Removed crosshairs on shouldered weapons.
- Removed building indicator when not applicable
- For example, when too close to a block to build on it, the yellow glow will disappear.
- Decreased mining particles.
- More Skeletons underground.
- Fixed duplicating bugs.
- Fixed crash when bringing up an empty inventory.
- Fixed "nullReference" crash when attempting to join a network game.
- Fixed incorrect dragon kill messages.
- There are no new bugs as of this update.
| v1.2 || December 15, 2011 || Additions
- Torch bug fixed.
- Fixed many "Out of Memory" crash.
- Fixed bug when splitting items in a crate.
- Fixed bug when zooming in with weapons.
| v1.1 || November 17, 2011 || Additions
- Crates as a usable storage item.
- Can use the to "activate" and "deactivate" items.
- Monsters now have visible shadows that obey both scale and direction.
- You can now split stacks by pressing in on the . With an odd stack, you will always get the smaller half.
- Player inventory now saves in multiplayer as well as singleplayer.
- Transition music and day counter now appears in all game modes.
- Decreased drop rates on Zombies
- Awards are only counted when achieved in Endurance mode.
- Joining another's game who is playing on a different version is now disabled.
- Day counter resets whenever your entire party dies in Endurance.
- Improved render performance.
- Improved monster lighting and detail.
- Hell is much harder than previous versions.
- Compasses now operate correctly in others' hands.
- Snow and Ice can now be mined.
- Survival is now difficult again.
- Iron is less common than v1.01, but still more than v1.0.
- The coding for redeeming the Assault Rifle now works correctly.
- The invincible gray Zombies can now be killed.
- Removed purple flash when game starts up.
- Item duplicating bug fixed.
- Pickaxe sounds can no longer be heard from any distance.
- When splitting items in a crate, game could crash, auto-heal, and some items could be lost.
- Odd behavior when zooming in with [weapons.
| v1.01 || November 10, 2011 || Additions
- On-screen damage indicator
- Inventory now saves in both Survival and Free Build.
- When pressing the to bring up the menu in singleplayer, the game will now pause.
- Lightning only lights up the sky instead of the whole screen.
- Now, both the and can be used to place blocks.
- Crafting list now shows all recipes, even if multiple steps are required.
- Clicking on a component takes you to the recipe to make it.
- Pick-ups now stay around longer.
- Added awards screen where you can check the status of your awards.
- Changed weapons] and knives' damage values.
- Made all weapons stronger.
- Lower memory use to improve performance and fix "Out of Memory" crash.
- Copper, iron, and gold ores slightly more common.
- Torches show up when you reload a world.
- Blocks won't be placed unless a block is highlighted.
- Iron Pickaxes will now give diamonds when mining diamond ore.
- Fixed bug where some items could not be seen in the crafting list.
- Removed "No Fall Mode" to prevent being stuck while running from Zombies.
- Fixed bug where walls could not be mined with gold pickaxes.
- Fixed bug where you could repair an item by giving it to another player in multiplayer.
- No Zombies will spawn in Free Build.
- Fixed bug where different tiered guns did not appear different.
- Survival is significantly easier.
- No zombies will spawn during the day.
- Assault Rifle code was mixed up with ammo coding.
- This caused players who entered the code to spawn with an excess of ammunition, instead of an Assault Rifle.
| v1.01 || November 3, 2011 || CastleMiner Z is first released in the Xbox 360 Indie Marketplace for 240 or $3.00 (USD).
CastleMiner Z (PC)
|Date of Addition
| v18.104.22.168 || September 10, 2013 ||
- Added PVP
- Added laser sword
- Added LMG
- Shovels remove TNT and C4
- Zombies dig through blocks
| v22.214.171.124 || August 20, 2013 ||
- Login with Facebook supported
- Various bug fixes
| v126.96.36.199 || August 2, 2013 ||
- Support for considerably more graphics cards
| v188.8.131.52 || July 25, 2013 ||
- Fixed multiple crashes
- Improved networking
- Added message for unsupported video hardware
| v184.108.40.206 || July 22, 2013 ||
- Fixed networking issues
- Fixed hang on loading world
| v220.127.116.11 || July 1, 2013 ||
- Added options to launched to set fullscreen mode prior to starting
- Made a new version numbering system that should allow for easier bug reporting
| v18.104.22.168 || June 3, 2013 ||
- Items no longer bounce in hands in multiplayer games
- UI misalignment issues fixed.
- Game defaults to windowed mode now for people that had problems with unsupported res
- Fixed some problems with storage
- Game now uses your DDNA username
- ↑ http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=321795214505114
- ↑ http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=304619519556017
- ↑ http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=300689963282306
- ↑ http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=297183400299629