The Pistol is an eight round magazine, semi-automatic gun that you spawn with when you first start your session. It will still spawn with you even if you have redeemed the Assault Rifle Promo Code from CastleMiner Classic. The Pistol has five types: regular, gold, diamond, bloodstone, and laser, each of which have four aesthetically different subtypes. (The bullets are 1 type lower than the gun with the exception of a regular pistol, so bloodstone uses diamond bullets, diamond uses gold bullets etc. Laser pistols use laser ammunition, crafted from space rock and diamond).However it is the weakest weapon as a regular pistol.
The pistol is a standard weapon that every player starts with. It is good for killing zombies from a short distance and it is also handy to have in case of a surprise attack. You can down the first dragon with the pistol, but it uses approximately 150 bullets, making it very impractical. Unlike many of the other firearms, the pistol wasn't given a zoom feature in the 1.4.3 update.
A standard issue pistol that can be found in the hands of most early-game surviving players. It's 8 round magazine with semi-automatic fire makes it a viable self-defense weapon, however, due to it's medicore range and fire power, the pistol is best upgraded or replaced as soon as possible. You can craft a pistol out of 2 iron and wood.
Effective Range: 2-15 blocks
Damage: 1/2 heart per shot
An improved design along with damage, the gold pistol has upgraded ammo that will hit the target with much more force. It's made out of gold and iron.
Effective range: 2-20 blocks
Damage: 1 1/2 heart per shot
Crafted out of diamonds, the design of the pistol is further reinforced, along with increased damage, however, making ammo for it is challenging for most players in non-Creative game modes.
Effective range: 2-25 blocks
Damage: 2 1/2 hearts per shot
Crafted out of Bloodstone, the durability and damage is maxed out for this pistol.
Effective Range: 2-30 blocks
Damage: 3 hearts per shot
The laser pistol has 4 subtypes, each of which only differ in visuals and what is used to craft them (iron, copper, gold, or an extra diamond). Ammo for this is costly and materials for it are rare, but the damage is higher than the bloodstone pistol.
Effective Range: 2-35 blocks
Damage: 4 hearts per shot
- The pistol present in CastleMiner Z is based on the M1911 pistol.
- The reload animation shows your avatar removing the clip, putting in a new clip and cocking the barrel back. It takes a very short time to reload.
- The reload animation for reloading the laser pistol is simply coking the barrel back. It is an extremely fast reload.
- The Colt M1911 Pistol has been seen in numerous games such as Call of Duty, Battlefield and Left For Dead, and is often, as in this game, the weapon you begin with.
- A closer view of the gun in 3rd person shows the barrel is scratched.
- The Ranger 20mm SC has the same damage and recoil pattern as the Colt 1911.